Contact us on: 0151 727 1355
We understand how domestic abuse has an impact on children and young people. Whether they’ve witnessed or have been abused themselves, we see children and young people as victims who needs support to help them develop and recover. That is why our childcare is tailored to meet the needs of each individual child.
You must meet Centre 56's criteria to get a nursery or after-school place for your child.
When there is more demand than there are available spaces in either the nursery or the after-school club, Centre 56 prioritises children in the below order. If there is more than one child waiting in the same category, places will be decided based on when the application was received.
1. Domestic abuse
- Children currently living in a refuge or other temporary accommodation due to domestic abuse.
- Children living in a family where there is current, or there has been, domestic abuse within the last two years.
- Other children from families that have experienced domestic abuse (for example younger siblings of children already attending Centre 56).
2. Crisis situations
- Children who are living in temporary accommodation.
- Children living in a family where one or both parents are receiving support for mental health problems or addiction.
- Children who are required to provide regular care for another family member.
- Children who are refugees or part of a newly arrived family who are isolated and lack support in the UK (including families with no recourse to public funds).
- Children who are known to social services and children who are living with extended family (for example their aunt or grandparent).
3. Other crisis situations
We will consider other circumstances on a case by case basis if we think a child or family would benefit from our services. Examples of other circumstances we will consider include: serious illness or disability, bereavement, parent or sibling in prison and isolated single parents.
Parents will be asked to provide contact details for someone who knows the family in a professional capacity and can confirm their circumstances meet our criteria.
Back to Childcare